The CAD Intern shall support the CAD Team by utilizing AutoCAD and Revit to document and communicate AV, Broadcast, and IT system design intent and connectivity. The CAD Intern will collaborate closely with engineering to transform a vision into a drawing set for installation and client reference. This person may also be assigned as a CAD Drafter on a project.
The CAD Lead/Drafter must have a strong interest in technology, and be willing to learn the different connectors, signal types, and workflows in broadcast and AV systems.
• Collaborate with engineering and sales to understand AV and broadcast system design intent.
• Utilizing pre-engineering documentation, generate elevation and plan views, video/audio/data/control signal flows, pin detail drawings, and system notes in AutoCAD.
• Identify possible design concerns where spatial or technical conflicts occur.
• Revise drawings based on engineering and client feedback.
• Generate cable labels on drawings.
• At the conclusion of a project, incorporate redline drawings.
• Maintain company block library, and spot check the work of others for standards compliance.
• Further develop company CAD standards and policies.
• All other duties as assigned and deemed appropriate.
• Occasional evening and weekend work
• Strong interest in audio and video technologies, equipment, and signal flow
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• IT knowledge
• Demonstrated ability to organize
• Ability to solve unusual or unexpected technical and installation problems
• High school diploma or equivalent