Technical Sales Representative
Department: System Sales
Specific Market/Area:Public Sector and/or Corporate-Enterprise
Reports to: Director of Sales
Status: Full Time
This position will be responsible for sales of Alpha Video’s cutting edge audio/visual products and services, broadcast design solutions and media integration technology to targeted vertical markets.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Drive sales revenue and market share by managing a vertical market to achieve quota.
- Maintain and cultivate relationships with current clients to ensure high customer satisfaction and ongoing sales opportunities.
- Conduct new business development activities including, new customer contacts, e-commerce activities, tradeshows and networking.
- Employ consultative sales process:
- Work with customers to understand and identify their needs and objectives.
- Propose, present and demonstrate solutions for prospective clients and projects.
- Introduce benefits and tie these to the demonstrated features.
- Stay abreast of industry and technology developments through ongoing training.
- Maintain and manage Customer Relationship Database (CRM).
- Develop and leverage relationships with strategic vendors.
- Be proficient with procurement processes for both public and private sector entities
- Be able to position and leverage Alpha Video’s Core Competencies to key decision makers within an organization during the sales process
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong investigative and listening skills, with above average problem-solving ability
- Superior communication and presentation skills
- Strong aptitude for technology and technology projects
- Good team player
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent customer skills and consultative sales approach
- 3+ years business-to-business outside sales experience selling technology to the public and private sectors (preferably in the Visual Communications Industry)
- Proven track record of success in a flexible and highly technical environment
- Advanced selling and negotiation skills.
- Strong business development, account management, and relationship building skills
- Experience with CRM