Department: Integration & Engineering
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Reports to: Field Manager
Exempt: Non Exempt
The Broadcast Specialist’s primary responsibility shall be to adjust, test, configure and commission Broadcast & IT systems, bringing projects to completion and ensuring quality. They must also understand design, demonstrate installation techniques, he or she must be able to understand large systems and have a solid technical background and understanding of video, audio, control and data/networking. The Specialist will work closely with the Field Manager, Engineers and Project Managers to provide both general and specific recommendations on installation standards, technologies, personnel, job specifics and implementation. For all types of systems, upon completion, the Specialist shall provide red lined drawings and in some cases may act as Project Foreman.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Pull and terminate all types of video, audio and control cabling.
- Work with sales, engineering and consultants on the front end design phase of projects.
- See past the system drawings and understand end-user functional requirements, Install and configure systems in a way that reflects the intended system design, but also is in the client’s best interest, communicating with sales, engineering, and project management as appropriate.
- Attend drawing reviews as needed.
- Work with PM or Lead Installer to create or delegate task lists as appropriate to other technicians on a specific job.
- Proactively identify areas of concern with system design, equipment integration and end-user functionality needs.
- Program broadcast gear (includes: routers, switchers, mixers, CG, etc.)
- Communicate with the client, project manager, sales person and engineer on status updates, issues and suggestions.
- Serve as a role model for other technicians by exhibiting a high quality of work, an excellent work ethic, and a positive attitude.
- Compile system commissioning reports and perform system tests to verify proper functionality.
- Perform employee and client training.
- Work with subcontractors and/or third parties as necessary.
- Identify integration inefficiencies and propose solutions.
- Provide technical support to Alpha Video employees and clients in any areas of expertise.
- Work with on-site tech team to identify and finalize punch list items.
- All other duties as assigned and deemed appropriate.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Up to 70% travel, occasionally on a last-minute basis
- Occasional evening and weekend work
- Must be able to climb ladders up to 24’ tall and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High level of organization
- High level of job site familiarity i.e. construction and corporate atmosphere
- Must be able to communicate effectively in a team
- Technical background
- Knowledge of broadcast A/V theory and IT networking
- Some engineering background preferred
- SBE, CTS-I, CTS-D preferred
- Ability to read and comprehend CAD drawings, blue prints and technical drawings
- Hands on experience with audio/video switching, connectivity, routing, terminations and signal flow
- Excellent soldering skills
- Must have excellent computer skills
- Solid knowledge of system configurations
- Broadcast systems programming/configuration ability
- Audio design and theory
- Video design and theory
- Ability to solve unusual or unexpected problems
- 5 or more years in a broadcast environment preferred.
- Some CAD experience preferred