The CAD Drafter must have a strong interest in technology, and be willing to learn the different connectors, signal types, and workflows in broadcast and AV systems.
• Collaborate with engineering and sales to understand AV and broadcast system design intent.
• Utilizing pre-engineering documentation, generate elevation and plan views, video/audio/data/control signal flows, pin detail drawings, and system notes in AutoCAD.
• Identify possible design concerns where spatial or technical conflicts occur.
• Revise drawings based on engineering and client feedback.
• Generate cable labels and pull lists based on schedules.
• At the conclusion of a project, incorporate redline drawings.
• Maintain company block library, and spot check the work of others for standards compliance.
• Further develop company CAD standards and policies.
• Interface with custom programming subcontractor to develop additional enhancements.
• Test AutoCAD updates, recommend timing for rollouts, and coordinate with engineers.
• Proactively identify and recommend changes to AutoCAD software, hardware, process, and standards as a part of continual development and improvement.
• Train other users on AutoCAD basics and custom programming workflow.
• Assist engineering in research and bid responses.
• Assist engineering in writing and revising scopes of work.
• All other duties as assigned and deemed appropriate.
• Up to 10% travel, sometimes on a last-minute basis
• Occasional evening and weekend work
• Strong interest in audio and video technologies, equipment, and signal flow
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• IT knowledge
• Demonstrated ability to organize
• Ability to solve unusual or unexpected technical and installation problems
• Audio design and theory
• Video design and theory
• High school diploma or equivalent
• CAD/Drafting degree
• 2+ years experience preferred, with emphasis placed on construction, low voltage, manufacturing, or electronics industry CAD work
• AutoCAD and BIM experience with Autodesk Building Design Suite (AutoCAD MEP) and Autodesk Building Design Suite Premium (Revit) preferred
• Proficient with Microsoft Office, including Word, Outlook, and Excel
Certificates and Licenses:
• InfoComm CTS certification required within one year of employment
• Sit, stand, bend, crouch, and kneel