The CAD Drafter shall utilize AutoCAD to document and communicate AV, broadcast, and IT system design intent and connectivity. He or she will collaborate closely with engineering to transform a vision into a drawing set for installation and client reference. In addition, the CAD Drafter shall be an internal resource and coordinator for CAD best practices and standards and will maintain the internal block database. The CAD Drafter must have a strong interest in technology, and be willing to learn the different connectors, signal types, and workflows in broadcast and AV systems.
• Collaborate with engineering and sales to understand AV and broadcast system design intent.
• Utilizing pre-engineering documentation, generate elevation and plan views, video/audio/data/control signal flows, pin detail drawings, and system notes in AutoCAD.
• Identify possible design concerns where spatial or technical conflicts occur.
• Revise drawings based on engineering and client feedback.
• Generate cable labels and pull lists based on schedules.
• At the conclusion of a project, incorporate redline drawings.
• Maintain company block library, and spot check the work of others for standards compliance.
• Further develop company CAD standards and policies.
• Interface with custom programming subcontractor to develop additional enhancements.
• Test AutoCAD updates, recommend timing for rollouts, and coordinate with engineers.
• Proactively identify and recommend changes to AutoCAD software, hardware, process, and standards as a part of continual development and improvement.
• Train other users on AutoCAD basics and custom programming workflow.
• All other duties as assigned and deemed appropriate.
• Up to 10% travel, occasionally on a last-minute basis
• Occasional evening and weekend work
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Strong interest in audio and video technologies, equipment, and signal flow
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• IT knowledge
• Demonstrated ability to organize
• Ability to solve unusual or unexpected technical and installation problems
• Audio design and theory
• Video design and theory
• High school diploma or equivalent
• CAD/Drafting Certification
• 2+ years experience preferred, with emphasis placed on construction, low voltage, manufacturing, or electronics industry CAD work
• AutoCAD and BIM experience with Autodesk Building Design Suite (AutoCAD MEP) and Autodesk Building Design Suite Premium (Revit) preferred
• Proficient with Microsoft Office, including Word, Outlook, and Excel
• AutoCAD and MS Visio experience preferred
Certificates and Licenses:
• AutoCAD required
• RevIT required
• InfoComm CTS or CTS I preferred
• Lift, push, or carry up to 25 lbs
• Sit, stand, bend, crouch, and kneel
• Vision acuity requirements include close vision, depth perception, and color recognition.