Company Overview and Values
Why work at Alpha Video?
Since 1970, Alpha Video has expanded to become one of the leading broadcast and digital signage solution providers in the country. In the last five years, Alpha Video's Sports & Entertainment division has become the premier integrator of HD control rooms and IPTV solutions for sports venues. Alpha Video proudly works with Professional Sports Teams, Educational Institutions, Casinos, Government Offices, and Broadcast Communication companies.
Alpha Video is a values-driven culture and our employees rally around our core values:
• Fierce Integrity
• Relentless Client Focus
• Courageous Accountability
• Steadfast Collaboration
• Proven Innovation
The CAD Supervisor shall lead the CAD group using AutoCAD and Revit to document and communicate AV, Broadcast, and IT system design intent and connectivity. The role of CAD Supervisor is expected to be only a portion of the overall day to day role and responsibilities. This person may also be assigned as a CAD Drafter on a project. The CAD Supervisor will collaborate with other CAD drafters, design engineers, project managers, and project leads to insure timely delivery of required drawings.
As a CAD Supervisor, a typical day might include the following
• Collaborate with engineering and sales to understand AV and broadcast system design intent.
• Utilizing pre-engineering documentation, generate elevation and plan views, video/audio/data/control signal flows, pin detail drawings, and system notes in AutoCAD.
• Identify possible design concerns where spatial or technical conflicts occur.
• Revise drawings based on engineering and client feedback.
• Generate cable labels and pull lists based on schedules.
• At the conclusion of a project, incorporate line drawings.
• Maintain company block library, and spot check the work of others for standards compliance.
• Further develop company CAD standards and policies.
• Interface with custom programming subcontractor to develop additional enhancements.
• Test AutoCAD updates, recommend timing for rollouts, and coordinate with engineers.
• Proactively identify and recommend changes to AutoCAD software, hardware, process, and standards as a part of continual development and improvement.
• Train other users on AutoCAD basics and custom programming workflow.
Traits we believe make a strong candidate
• Strong interest in audio and video technologies, equipment, and signal flow
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent computer skills
• Self-motivated & Resourceful
• Demonstrated ability to organize
• Ability to solve unusual or unexpected technical and installation problems
• Audio & Video design and theory
To qualify for this position, you will need to have the following
• High school diploma or equivalent
• CAD/Drafting degree
• 4+ years experience preferred, with emphasis placed on construction, low voltage, manufacturing, or electronics industry CAD work
• AutoCAD and BIM experience with Autodesk AutoCAD 2019 or later and Autodesk Revit 2019 or later preferred
• Experience with Autodesk Vault
• Experience with Bluebeam Revu and Bluebeam Studio Prime
• 4+ years of supervisory experience
• Proficient with Microsoft Office, including Word, Outlook, and Excel
• AutoCAD required
• Revit required
• InfoComm CTS or CTS-I preferred
• Ability to Lift, push, or carry up to 25 lbs.
• Vision acuity requirements include close vision, depth perception, and color recognition.
At Alpha Video we are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. Our policy is to recruit, hire, train, and reward employees for their individual abilities, achievements and experience without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, marital or military status.