The CAD Supervisor shall lead the CAD group using AutoCAD and Revit to document and communicate AV, Broadcast, and IT system design intent and connectivity. The role of CAD Supervisor is expected to be only a portion of the overall day to day role and responsibilities. This person may also be assigned as a CAD Drafter on a project. The CAD Supervisor will collaborate with other CAD drafters, design engineers, project managers, and project leads to insure timely delivery of required drawings. The CAD Supervisor will be responsible for direct supervision and direction for all CAD drafters, providing oversight and approvals needed for daily activity. This includes contributing to annual reviews, corrective actions, review of work quality, approval of hours/Leave time and effective use of work hours.
The CAD Supervisor shall be an internal resource and coordinator for CAD best practices and standards and will assist in maintaining the internal block database. The CAD Lead will maintain and revise the Company CAD standards and internal documentation through quarterly revision cycles.
· Collaborate with engineering and sales to understand AV and broadcast system design intent.
· Utilizing pre-engineering documentation, generate elevation and plan views, video/audio/data/control signal flows, pin detail drawings, and system notes in AutoCAD.
· Identify possible design concerns where spatial or technical conflicts occur.
· Revise drawings based on engineering and client feedback.
· Generate cable labels and pull lists based on schedules.
· At the conclusion of a project, incorporate line drawings.
· Maintain company block library, and spot check the work of others for standards compliance.
· Further develop company CAD standards and policies.
· Interface with custom programming subcontractor to develop additional enhancements.
· Test AutoCAD updates, recommend timing for rollouts, and coordinate with engineers.
· Proactively identify and recommend changes to AutoCAD software, hardware, process, and standards as a part of continual development and improvement.
· Train other users on AutoCAD basics and custom programming workflow.
· All other duties as assigned and deemed appropriate.
· Up to 10% travel, occasionally on a last-minute basis
· Occasional evening and weekend work
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Strong interest in audio and video technologies, equipment, and signal flow
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• IT knowledge
• Demonstrated ability to organize
• Ability to solve unusual or unexpected technical and installation problems
· Audio design and theory
· Video design and theory
• High school diploma or equivalent
• CAD/Drafting degree
• 4+ years experience preferred, with emphasis placed on construction, low voltage, manufacturing, or electronics industry CAD work
• AutoCAD and BIM experience with Autodesk AutoCAD 2019 or later and Autodesk Revit 2019 or later preferred
• Experience with Autodesk Vault
• Experience with Bluebeam Revu and Bluebeam Studio Prime
• 4+ years of supervisory experience
· Proficient with Microsoft Office, including Word, Outlook, and Excel
· AutoCAD and MS Visio experience preferred
Certificates and Licenses:
· AutoCAD required
· Revit required
· InfoComm CTS or CTS-I preferred
· Lift, push, or carry up to 25 lbs
· Sit, stand, bend, crouch, and kneel
· Vision acuity requirements include close vision, depth perception, and color recognition.