The Field Engineer's primary responsibility shall be to adjust, test, configure and commission Digital Signage and IPTV systems, bringing projects to completion and ensuring quality. They must also understand design, demonstrate installation and commissioning techniques. The candidate must be able to understand audio/video systems, have a solid technical background and have an understanding of video, audio, control, IT/networking systems. The Field Engineer will work closely with the Field Manager, Engineers, Installers and Project Managers to provide both general and specific recommendations on installation standards, technologies, personnel, job specifics and implementation. For all types of systems, upon completion, the Field Engineer shall provide red lined drawings and, in some cases, may act as Project Supervisor.
• Pull and terminate all types of video, audio and control cabling.
• Work with sales, engineering and consultants on the front-end design phase of projects.
• See past the system drawings and understand end-user functional requirements, Install and configure systems in a way that reflects the intended system design, but also is in the client’s best interest,
communicating with sales, engineering, and project management as appropriate.
• Attend drawing reviews as needed.
• Work with PM or Lead Installer to create or delegate task lists as appropriate to other technicians on a specific job.
• Proactively identify areas of concern with system design, equipment integration and end-user functionality needs.
• Program audio video gear and IT servers
• Communicate with the client, project manager, salesperson and engineer on status updates, issues and suggestions.
• Serve as a role model for other technicians by exhibiting a high quality of work, an excellent work ethic, and a positive attitude.
• Compile system commissioning reports and perform system tests to verify proper functionality.
• Perform employee and client training.
• Work with subcontractors and/or third parties as necessary.
• Identify integration inefficiencies and propose solutions.
• Act as the final point of quality control on work performed by Alpha Video staff and contractors, to ensure that all deliverables meet and conform to safety and quality requirements.
• Provide technical support to Alpha Video employees and clients in any areas of expertise.
• Work with on-site tech team to identify and finalize punch list items.
• Operate and maintain assigned Alpha vehicles and tools in compliance with State and Federal regulations.
• All other duties as assigned and deemed appropriate.
• Up to 70% travel, occasionally on a last-minute basis
• Occasional evening and weekend work
• Must be able to climb ladders up to 24’ tall and lift up to 50 lbs.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• High level of organization
• High level of job site familiarity i.e. construction and corporate atmosphere
• Must be able to communicate effectively in a team
• Technical background
• Knowledge of IPTV, A/V theory and IP networking
• Ability to read and comprehend CAD drawings, blueprints and technical drawings
• Hands on experience with IT Systems, Windows servers, IPTV infrastructure, video encoders, connectivity, routing, terminations and signal flow
• Must have excellent computer skills
• Solid knowledge of system configurations
• Window Server programming/configuration ability
• IPTV set top box configuration
• Video design and theory (Specifically encoding and multicast streaming)
• Ability to solve unusual or unexpected problems
• Crestron, Extron, Tripleplay, Scala or similar system experience
• Some system engineering background preferred
• IP design and theory
• Knowledge of display products and systems
• High school diploma or equivalent
• A minimum of five (5) years relevant experience
• Additional advanced or product specific certifications are preferred
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Proficient with Microsoft Office, including Word, Outlook, and Excel
• AutoCAD and MS Visio experience preferred
• Experience with Windows Sever, SQL, Linux, IP Network configuration, Multicast