Company Overview and Values
Why work at Alpha Video?
Since 1970, Alpha Video has expanded to become one of the leading broadcast and digital signage solution providers in the country. In the last five years, Alpha Video's Sports & Entertainment division has become the premier integrator of HD control rooms and IPTV solutions for sports venues. Alpha Video proudly works with Professional Sports Teams, Educational Institutions, Casinos, Government Offices, and Broadcast Communication companies.
Alpha Video is a values-driven culture and our employees rally around our core values:
• Fierce Integrity
• Relentless Client Focus
• Courageous Accountability
• Steadfast Collaboration
• Proven Innovation
The Install Technician works with the Lead Install Technician to complete all phases of installation projects. They will have a working knowledge of basic A/V and Broadcast equipment, cable pulling, cable termination, and racking of equipment. The Install Technician is expected to perform most tasks with minimal supervision.
As a Install Technician, a typical day might include the following
• Pulling, installation, termination and labeling of audio, network, and video cabling per code and project requirements with minimal errors and/or rework.
• Ability to terminate (solder, crimp, etc) various types of audio, network, and video connections with minimal errors and/or rework.
• Installation of equipment in racks, consoles, tables, in/on walls, in/on ceilings, and other fixtures per project specifications with minimal errors and/or rework.
• Wiring of equipment in racks, consoles, tables, in/on walls, in/on ceilings, and other fixtures per project specifications with minimal errors and/or rework.
• Ability to read and interpret schematic and building drawings (CAD, Bluebeam, etc).
• Project tasks and site are kept in an organized and clean manner at all times.
• Provide feedback to facilitate improvements to installation process.
• Complete all tasks within budgeted time and all tasks are performed to meet or exceed Alpha Video & Audio quality standards.
Traits we believe make a strong candidate
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• High level of organization
• High level of job site familiarity i.e. construction and corporate atmosphere.
• Must be able to communicate effectively in a team
• Technical background
• Must have excellent computer skills
• Self-motivated and resourceful
• Ability to solve unusual or unexpected problems.
To qualify for this position, you will need to have the following
• Ability to travel up to 70% of the time and sometimes on a last-minute basis.
• Occasional evening, overnight, and weekend work.
• Maintain a professional appearance.
• Must be able to climb ladders up to 25’ tall and lift up to 75lbs.
• Proper and safe use of lifts, ladders, hand tools, power tools, and diagnostic tools.
• Must be able to work in cramped spaces and on uneven surfaces.
• Ongoing training/certification in industry related subjects.
• Obtain and/or maintain CTS certification (completed within 1st year of hire).
• Obtain/maintain Unlicensed Registration for low voltage work within the state of MN immediately upon hire.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Two year technical degree in low voltage electronics and/or networking or 2-3 years related work experience preferred.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office, including Word, Outlook, and Excel.
At Alpha Video we are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. Our policy is to recruit, hire, train, and reward employees for their individual abilities, achievements and experience without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, marital or military status.