The installer under the direction of the Field Manager, PMs and Lead Installation Technicians, the level 2 technician will be responsible for learning installation techniques, standards, technologies and processes within Alpha Video. At this level it is expected that the basic connector and cabling types are known and understood. Less supervision is required for wire pulling and performing terminations. Installer must show familiarity and understanding of basic CAD drawings. Level 2 technicians must show willingness to learn while taking constructive advice on a consistent basis. Level 2 technicians are expected to ask questions as necessary to ensure quality installation and technique. Projects will include corporate, government, educational, gaming, sports and broadcast.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Pulling and installing cabling per code and project requirements
• Terminating multiple audio and video types of connections
• Soldering skill improving with few errors
• Labeling wiring per project requirement
• Racking equipment
• Ability to read & understand basic CAD drawings.
• Knowledge of basic A/V gear should be present o Switchers, DA’s, DSP, Speakers, Amps etc.
• Wiring equipment racks o Neatness should show improvement from Level 1 o Errors decreasing
• Show the ability to operate and understand A/V test equipment and meters.
o RDL, Extron, HDMI etc.
• Ability to install a “hang and bang” type of A/V system o Example: Simple install including a wall plate, projector and screen.
• Understands warehouse procedures o Pulling gear and inventory items for Sales Orders
• Material handling
• Project site clean up
• Up to 70% travel, sometimes on a last-minute basis.
• Occasional night and evening work.
• Must complete any required safety training as directed by manager • Must be able to climb ladders up to 24’ tall and lift up to 60lbs.
• Must be able to work in cramped spaces and on uneven surfaces
• Must complete any technology classes and schooling as directed by manager
• Obtain CTS certification (completed within 1st year of hire)
• Continued Renewal of Registered Unlicensed (PLT) certification
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Understands wiring standards
• Shows “safe” practices on site
• Receiving Instruction
• Learn and understand Alpha general practices, standards and procedures
• Show a willingness learn and adapt
• Work in a team environment
• Maintain positive attitude
• Ask questions
• Communicate well with Lead and supervisors
• Maintain professionalism
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Problem Solving – Begin to troubleshooting and solve basic problems. Become more involved with problem solving and identifying risks per the Lead’s instruction. Operation of test gear/meters. Communicate any potential safety risks or issues.
Communication – Communicate with Lead and management on a consistent basis; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings as requested. Will communicate with client as deemed necessary by PMs and management. Provide reporting documents as required.
Adaptability – Understand change is part of the A/V culture. Able to work with Leads when dealing with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to Lead and management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with questions or areas of concern.
Planning/Organizing – Keep tools and project items organized as instructed by Lead. Use good judgment when storing items or inquires when questions.
Professionalism - Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments. Always show positive professionalism around clientele.
Quality – Quality of work should be improved (racks, on site wiring etc) from level 1. Work to understand the Alpha quality standards and ask questions when necessary. Apply feedback to improve performance
Quantity – Meets productivity standards; Completes work in a timely manner
High school diploma or equivalent. Two year technical degree in low voltage electronics and/or networking or related work experience preferred.
Certificates and Licenses:
Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Registered Unlicensed Certification
Successful completion of Alpha Video Boot Camp
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 60 pounds, be able to climb ladders up to 24’ tall and be able to work in small spaces and on uneven surfaces. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.