The Resource Coordinator’s role is to manage the delivery and allocation of resources as well as lead the multi-departmental effort of creating resource management strategies and solutions. Under the direct supervision of the Director, PMO, the Resource Coordinator is responsible for supporting and collaborating with internal and external parties to optimize utilization of engineering, project management, and field resources.
This position will play a critical role in defining and shaping Alpha Video’s resource management framework and strategy that will support the organization’s competitive growth. This must all be done in concert with Alpha’s Values and with a focus on creating positive solutions to increase Alpha Video’s efficiency while providing versatility in an ever-changing landscape.
• Collaborate with Project Managers to align and meet project timelines by managing resource priorities and objectives demonstrating best efforts at creating financial success for Alpha Video and Relentless Client Focus for our clients.
• Assign internal or secure external resources based on project requirements and timeline.
• Coordinate project scheduling for tracking in-house personnel and 3rd party suppliers.
• Onboarding, qualifying, and contract negotiation of subcontractors.
• Provide weekly/monthly metrics to teams.
• Design and maintain weekly, monthly and quarterly staffing dashboards.
• Design ad hoc reporting when necessary.
• Identify staffing trends, staff utilization, sourcing/placement of current resources for placement across projects.
• Recommend staffing approach to address current and future resource demand.
• Work with internal stakeholders to evaluate, develop, and implement solutions that provide Alpha Video with ability to see current and future capacity of work for field resources.
• Increase our future capacity of work through creating resource deployment efficiency as well as through improvements created through the training program mentioned below.
• Includes implementation of field resource training calendar as part of overall forecast/scheduling calendar.
• Includes maintenance and continuous improvement of program to keep up with industry trends.
• Provide assistance with sourcing and contracting support subcontractors for the Support Department.
• All other duties as assigned.
• Occasional evening and weekend work
• Occasional travel
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to build effective relationships.
• General understanding of audio video and broadcast terminology.
• Ability to process and negotiate sub-contract terminology.
• Understanding of general construction environments.
• Familiarity with project management principles.
• Excellent verbal and written communication.
• Extremely detail oriented.
• Process driven
• Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills.
• Ability to problem solve.
• Ability to effectively prioritize, especially when interfacing with multiple people.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Ability to meet deadlines.
• Ability to work flexibly, managing changing and competing priorities.
• Ability to deliver, define objectives on time, within budget commitment to project.
• Experience using project tracking tools.
• Excellent organizational skills demonstrated by managing multiple priorities.
• Demonstrated clarity and accuracy of written documentation.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• High level of organization.
• High level of job site familiarity i.e. construction and corporate atmosphere.
• Must be able to communicate effectively in a team.
• Must have excellent computer skills.
• Ability to solve unusual or unexpected problems.
• High degree of proficiency with MS Office Suite, specifically: MS Word, Outlook, and Excel
• Experience of delivering priority work within strict timelines
• Experience with resource scheduling and allocation on multiple large project simultaneously
• Bachelor’s degree in business, operation management, or a related field
• Previous project management or operation management experience
• Scheduling and travel coordination
• Understanding of the general flow of broadcast and audio-visual projects
• Experience in consulting with 3rd party providers
• Managerial/supervisory experience
• PMI/RMI or other industry recognized Project/Resource management certifications.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office, including Word, Outlook, and Excel
• Microsoft Project
• Great Plains