The Service and Support Manager owns customer satisfaction of installed customers and influences those processes that are used to maintain customer systems and ensure customer maintenance renewal. The position manages day-to-day customer support request responses and measures the success of the support team using key performance indicators. The Service and Support Manager oversees customer issues involving Alpha Video’s integrations and hardware/software solutions. These issues may be complex and time sensitive. This Manager will also oversee the operation and profitability of Alpha Video’s Rental division.
• Ensure that incoming telephone calls and electronically reported issues from customers are handled concisely and efficiently to a customer agreed resolution.
• Confirm that customer support cases are accurately described with current status maintained in a call tracking database.
• Identify ways to make sure that Service and Support is continuously improved and delivered in a cost effective and scalable way.
• Help set the strategy for value added services offered by the Service and Support team.
• Identify key metrics to be used to analyze the team’s efficiency and client value.
• Report on Support workload and measure Support success against and agreed set of Key Performance Indicators (“KPI”).
• Act as an escalation point for all client issues.
• Oversee the reporting of Digital Signage software defects, engaging the Digital Signage Development staff as appropriate to bring issues to resolution.
• Oversee the assistance in resolving application availability and performance issues.
• Establish and maintain current SMA Agreements for new and renewing support customers.
• Oversee the rollout of system updates, with participation in the change control process.
• Ensure that Support team members have knowledge of all supported systems and software products, including new system updates, as they become available.
• Ownership of afterhours coverage for critical software issues as needed and ownership of 24x7 on-call schedule.
• Properly manage customer expectations and customer relationships within the boundaries dictated by policy and process.
• Ownership of Service and Support knowledge base.
• Develop, manage and maintain key relationships.
o Employee relationships.
o Attend customer meetings as a representative of Alpha Video.
o Act as a technical resource to meet business needs as directed.
o Maintain a working knowledge of the relationship between Alpha Video and the various customer bases, vendors, resellers and service providers for the purpose of gathering support from those vendors.
• Previous experience supplying customer support for an organization that delivered systems and solutions similar to web-based enterprise applications, digital signage platforms, audio-visual solutions and/or broadcast control solutions.
• Prior experience operating a technical support call center service
• Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills for technical services
• Ability to prioritize and assign or inherit tasks as they are reported to the help desk.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to understand technical language.
• Ability to build and present a strategic roadmap and plan to deliver an end state.
• Implementation and/or customer support experience with Web Applications.
• Experience in managing IT services including Virtual Server technologies, Windows Administration, Network technologies, and Database maintenance.
• Experience using and administering a call tracking system.
• BA or BS degree preferred.
• 4+ years personnel management experience.
• Detailed knowledge of Microsoft product families (IIS, SQL and Windows families)