• Collaborate with engineering in preparing AutoCAD and Revit drawing packages
• Utilizing pre-engineering documentation, generate elevation and plan views, video/audio/data/control signal flows, pin detail drawings, and system notes in AutoCAD and Revit.
• Identify possible design concerns where spatial or technical conflicts occur.
• Revise drawings based on engineering and client feedback.
• Attend design workshops and drawing review sessions with engineers and project managers and document design changes.
• Maintain proper file version control.
• Provide daily status updates and end of day document packages to engineering.
• Provide engineers and project managers schedule projections.
• Perform data extractions from AutoCAD, Revit, and Bluebeam Revu.
• Update drawings to include redline changes to complete as-built drawings.
• Setup and maintain Bluebeam studio sessions.
• Utilize and contribute to the company CAD block library.
• Coordinate delivery and receipt of CAD deliverables.
• Support project closeout processes and archival of CAD drawings.
• Support and maintain Alpha Video drawings standards.
• All other duties as assigned and deemed appropriate.
• Up to 10% travel, sometimes on a last-minute basis
• Occasional evening and weekend work
• Strong interest in audio and video technologies, equipment, and signal flow
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to organize
• Ability to solve unusual or unexpected technical and installation problems
• Well-developed sense of urgency and ability to function in a fast-pasted environment delivering document packages with speed and accuracy.
• AV or Broadcast design experience
• BIM experience
• Bachelor, Technical College Degree or equivalent experience
• • CAD/Drafting degree
• 2+ years experience preferred, with emphasis placed on construction, low voltage, manufacturing, or electronics industry CAD work
• AutoCAD and BIM experience with Autodesk AutoCAD 2015 or later and Autodesk Revit 2015 or later preferred
• Experience with Autodesk Vault
• Experience with Bluebeam Revu
• Proficient with Microsoft Office, including Word, Outlook, and Excel
Certificates and Licenses:
• InfoComm CTS certification required within six months of employment