The Engineering Manager is responsible for leading Engineering team to success and alignment within Alpha. This position requires strong leadership attributes with the ability to manage cross-functional teams and motivate staff toward action and achieving goals.
The Engineering Manager has accountability for all aspects of group operation and direction in support of Alphas’ goals and customer expectations. They will also be responsible for developing and administering budgets, schedules, staffing, and performance standards for the group. They will be an active participant on the business strategy team and will provide input critical to promoting advanced development efforts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for providing the engineering team direction, planning, design, development and implementation of projects.
• Lead team in the development of a variety of systems engineering solutions.
• Manage and team to include; prioritize assignments, set goals, evaluate work and quality control of work performed.
• Ensures that open, direct, and effective communication is developed and maintained with key internal clients and operating departments. Leads cross-functional teams to develop new approaches to high-technology support challenges
• Ability to work as a team with managers, business developers, IT professionals to identify and capture new business opportunities.
• Motivating, engaging and developing Engineering talent, building personal credibility and delivering results.
• Provide briefings to senior management including regular status reports and periodic reviews of major issues and programs.
• Provide resources and estimates to support preparation of new business proposals.
• Provide resources, technical guidance, and budget accountability to support contracted and IR&D activities.
• Coordinate and/or lead reviews of design projects including major customer presentations.
• Provide mentoring / training to team as part of regular employee development.
• Set team performance expectations and provide regular feedback via informal and scheduled reviews.
• Provide coaching, conflict resolution, and corrective action as necessary to resolve issues related to performance. Provide staffing forecasts and participate in all hiring activity.
• Provide input to / lead the improvement of internal company procedures and processes.
• Demonstrate highest level of ethical conduct throughout all aspects of job performance.
• Effectively manage multiple projects/tasks in a team environment.
• Facilitate development of required project deliverables as prescribed by the company’s processes and procedures
• Enhance and execute processes and procedures related to Project Management.
• Coordinate project resources areas across the team to deliver working systems per the requirements, on schedule, and within a specified budget.
• Minimize exposure to risk during project planning and execution; address issues throughout the life of the project.
• Facilitate meetings and/or communication necessary to effectively inform management, the project team, and impacted parties of project status.
• Report on-going progress to management team.
• Other duties/projects as assigned.
• Excellent interpersonal, communications and team building skills are required.
• B.S.E.E. experience preferred with a minimum of 5-8 years in large scale systems engineering design and development with heavy emphasis on the application of forward looking, new and emerging technologies.
• Experience in a supervisory/leadership position is required. This position will interface with senior and project management to implement project management agenda for projects assigned to the implementation division.
• Associate degree in Electronic Technologies or a related field or equivalent military training is preferred.
• Knowledge of broadcast and A/V systems operations and integration is required.
• A basic understanding of various audio and video formats and standards is necessary.
• Familiarity with AMX and Crestron control systems is a plus.
• The candidate must be experienced in the use of broadcast and A/V test equipment and be familiar with standard test procedures.
• The candidate must possess good communications skills and be a strong team player.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills required. Demonstrated communication, management and interpersonal skills, including the ability to build teams and maintain relationships, required.
• Demonstrated competency in Business, Self & People Leadership, required.
• Must have experience in design, integration, and test of mechanical AND either electrical or software components and systems.
• Demonstrated experience with technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, and risk management is required.
• Must possess strong interpersonal, organizational and leadership skills.
• Must be knowledgeable of Engineering and Integration systems, applications, processes and solutions.
• Knowledge of computer networking systems
Alpha Video is an Equal Opportunity Employer