The Field Engineer shall adjust, test, configure and commission A/V & IT systems, bringing projects to completion and ensuring quality. This position will work closely with the system design engineers, project managers, and technical teams to advance installation skills, design knowledge, and integration processes. Additionally, the Field Engineer will create documentation and perform training for clients and internal staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Program essential A/V components including DSP’s, video processors, routers, and switchers.
• Test systems at defined milestones, including, in-house rack build, on-site build, and substantial completion.
• Make corrective changes in the field as necessary for optimal system functionality.
• Complete systems:
o Test video, audio, and control for physical installation quality and accuracy.
o Calibrate systems for optimized performance.
o Review system functionality for effectiveness.
o Provide commissioning reports.
• Work with on-site tech team to identify and finalize punch list items.
• Create and assemble closeout documentation including: required bound contractor documents, drawings, system notes, and manuals.
• Create general and client specific training documentation, including agendas and cheat sheets, and perform client training.
• Review and update CAD drawings (Red Line) as needed for accurate system documentation.
• Assist with creation and maintenance of operating procedures relating to installation, testing, and project closeout.
• Complete quality control assessments on projects. Provide direct feedback, guidance, and training. Generate cumulative logs detailing and tracking issues.
• Evaluate performances and project positives and negatives.
• Communicate with Engineers, Programmers, PM’s and Field Manager on a consistent basis.
• Recommend, and in some cases provide, training on technical theory and installation best practices.
• Attend manufacturer training.
• Provide project status reports.
• Up to 50% travel, sometimes on a last-minute basis.
• Occasional night and evening work.
• Must be able to climb ladders up to 12’ high, lift 40 lbs., and work in small spaces.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• High level of organization
• High level of job site familiarity i.e. construction and corporate atmosphere
• Must be able to communicate effectively in a team
• Technical background
• Programming experience with Crestron, Audia, BSS, Extron systems
• Team management skill
• Knowledge of A/V theory and IT networking
• Some engineering background preferred i.e. AutoCAD, VidCAD and design
• CTS-I, CTS-D preferred
• Ability to read and comprehend CAD drawings, blue prints and technical drawings
• Hands on experience with audio/video switching, connectivity, routing, terminations and signal flow
• Ability to solder
• Must have excellent computer skills